Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Kids Went to Boston and All I Got Was This Lousy Blog Post

I'm still so angry with my kids for going to New England without me. I try to invite myself with my kids (and their friends) on nearly every trip they go on (not to mention I invite myself to their parties too) but I just could not successfully invite myself on their latest trip. I am still so biting upset that they went without me because everyone knows how I would have loved to have gone. I won't be speaking to them for awhile (until the next trip I can invite myself on).


I love fresh maple syrup! Especially fresh maple syrup in Vermont. How dare they!


I would have loved to have gone to New Hampshire. I've never been there. I'll probably never get to go either. Thanks a lot.


I've always wanted to go to Sharon, Vermont and of course this is the week my kids picked to go. Without me. And they knew I've always wanted to go here. I bet I never get here either.


The Freedom Trail sounded so fun to me. I am such a fun traveler and walking partner. I would have run circles around these guys. But no, I wasn't invited.


Why can't I go to Maine? Maine would love to have me.


This could have been the trip that bonded Kate and me so she wouldn't have any more crying fits when I walked into a room with her. But that didn't happen either.
I just wish that someone would've taken me to New England because they knew how much I have always wanted to see the fall leaves and all the great authors' birth and resting places. I wish my kids cared about me enough to wait for me to be able to come.
Hmph.

4 comments:

Disney Grandma said...

Wow, I do sound like an angry left behind mom. But left behind is the key word.


Somehow I am not traveling much this year.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

All I know is that you don't have to wait for people to travel with you, you can do it yourself, yet you blame them when you don't. Whatever, Elena.

Clint Andersen said...

What am I, Chopped Liver?

Melissa said...

Auntie, you are such a good sport about it all! You crack me up! I love it. Maybe next time they'll invite you.